In this section you can see what birth, death and marriage information has been collected since the establishment of the registers.
The data collected gives you an idea of the information available for the different types of records.
We can only provide information if it was collected and provided at the time of registration.
Please note: for events recorded in a Māori register, some of the fields available in the general register are different or not available.
What is a printout?
- Generally a scanned image of the record.
- It is in a typed format for an event from 1998.
- It is also typed for earlier records which have been updated or corrected.
What is a certificate?
- An official document containing registered information.
- A certificate contains less information than a printout.