When searching, you must enter:
- A Family Name and Search From Date or
- A Registration Number.
Some transcription errors were created in our database when the registers were scanned, we suggest you to use a 'less is best' approach when searching.
If you receive too many results, narrow your date range.
The registration number is unique to a registration within each life event type and is different to the folio number you may be familiar with on microfiche indexes available in libraries etc. For more tips on how to search, go to
Searching pre 1875 records:
- If you search a specific date and the date of event is not in the database, the entire year is searched for you.
- Registration numbers for individuals with the same name can be sequential as index books were scanned to create the records.
You can search for:
- Birth of a living person who was born 100 years ago or more
- Birth of a deceased person who died 50 years ago or more or who was born 80 years ago or more
- A Stillbirth that occurred 50 years ago or more
- Marriages that occurred 75 years ago or more
- Deaths that occurred at least 50 years ago, or the deceased's date of birth was at least 80 years ago